Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

In Memoriam: Whitney Houston

Release Date: Aug 27, 1988
Peak Chart Position: #5


Though I don't care to spend a lot of time on this blog talking about current events or the personal lives of the artists behind these songs, I felt that I couldn't let Whitney Houston's passing go by without comment. Rather than moving one of her songs up in the cycle and reviewing it, I thought it might be better to share one of her best non-number-one songs, and I picked "One Moment In Time," a song that was written for the 1988 Summer Olympics.

Whitney Houston was truly talented, and her songs are always better when she gets to show off her talent. I don't know that this is one of her better songs (most of her better songs reached No. 1, and we'll get to them later), but it is kind of a grand song. It's positive, happy, and important.

There may be songs that do more to display her talent, but this song may more accurately capture her importance to popular culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment